Here is the initial draft of the erratta for chapter 3 in case it's useful to you in the short term. I will be submitting this to Wrox and they will likely reformat it and place it up on the book's site as well.
Email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you want to ask me specific questions. I can also send this to you in MS Word format.
(This goes for anyone that wants to contact me directly).
Errata: Chapter 3
• Page 42: Third paragraph: The “Site actions” button is upper left hand corner, not the upper right hand corner.
• Page 42: Same sentence: Select “Site Settings” from the drop-down, not “Site Actions”
• Page 43: For clarity, last row in table 3-1, Additional Settings column \should say: "Create in a group named: General Purpose WF Technical"
• Page 44: For clarity, 2nd paragraph should read: "Create the new content type based off the item content type and name it: HR New Hire" (italics indicates appended text). This is shown in Figure 3-3 shows this, but fig 3-3 is pretty small and it's hard to see it very clearly.
• Page 44: The third bullet near the bottom of the page, “New hire Task Status” should be changed to the following: “New Hire Task Description: Multiple lines of text that will represent the instructions you wish AP, IT and Security to follow when they are assigned one of these tasks.”
• Page 45: Remove the row whose Column Name is New hire Task Status.
• Page 45: Remove the row whose Column Name is New hire Task Due Date.
• Page 45: For clarity, this sentence should be modified: "Create a base task content type named New Hire Base Task. Thew New Hire Base Task includes all of the same columns as the New Hire content type (as per figure 3-2). In addition, add the three additional New Hire Task columns (New Hire Task Due Date, New hire Task Description and New Hire Master ID) that were described at the bottom of page 44.”
• Page 45: last sentence should read: "When you have your base content type, create the three task content types to support the model. These are: New Hire IT Task, New Hire AP Task and New Hire Security Task.
• Page 45: Immediate after the two figures (3-5 and 3-6), Add a new heading labeled “New Hire Task Descriptions.” Create a new content type named New Hire Task Descriptions. The new hire task descriptions content defines just one site column named New Hire Task Description. This site column should be defined as “multiple lines of text.”
• Page 46: Before the Create Workflows Section, there should be Create Lists section. This new section should read as follows:
Now that the site content types have been created, it's time to create new SharePoint custom lists that use these content types. Create three custom lists in your sandbox site named:
1. HR New Hire (backed by the New Hire site content type)
2. New Hire On-boarding Tasks. Back this with all three task types (IT, AP and Security)
3. New Hire Task Descriptions backed by the site content type New Hire Task Description.
• Page 46: For clarity, the sentence before the numbered list should change to: "The Confirm New hire Start Date workflow is attached to the New Hire List”
• Page 49: For clarity, the first sentence in the Change Start Date section should be: "Use a new workflow named Change Start Date to handle the common business scenario when a new hire's start date changes."