Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Wrox's Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition Starter Kit ISBN: 978-0-7645-9573-8
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Wrox's Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition Starter Kit by Andrew Parsons; ISBN: 9780764595738
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Wrox's Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition Starter Kit ISBN: 978-0-7645-9573-8 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old February 18th, 2006, 07:42 AM

Default VB 2005 Express Starter Kit - Andrew Parsons

Chapter 7 P 126 Section 6:
When the application is run and the 'Show List' button is clicked, the list box is NOT populated with the information in the database. Please tell me what is wrong with your code as I can not identify the problem.
Have programmed myself as per the book and also used your downloaded code to test the correct working of the prog. Neither display the database in the list box.
Regards,
BTP

Old February 18th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Wrox Author

BTP,

The code was tested on multiple systems and worked fine. Could you please tell me if you have followed along right from the start or if you started with the Personal Organizer Start project for Chapter 7?

Also, can you browse the database in the Database Explorer and see that the tables have data in them? If your database table doesn't have any records, then the list will be empty too.

Thanks
Andrew
Old February 24th, 2006, 05:53 AM

Sorry to have taken so long to reply. Have been out of country. Problem was that in both my script and Chap 7 script, path to database was incorrect. Have not found any info in book that refers to database path needing setting for downloaded script. Thank you for your help. Your comment ref toolbar edit is noted.

Old November 29th, 2006, 11:10 AM

Chap.1 mentions installing Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Ed.
Says locate install package on the CD and start the file "setup.exe".
This does a restart to update mode which says all available packages
have been installed.
So where is it? Does not appear to be on the CD.
Or is there some menu option that starts it?
It is needed in Chap.9

Old January 12th, 2007, 12:02 PM

I am having the same problem. I can see the data in the tables using both my version and the one from Personal Organizer Start project for Chapter 7? No data are shown in the ListBox

Franklyn Simon