Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > C# and C > C# 2005 > C# 2005
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
C# 2005 For discussion of Visual C# 2005.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the C# 2005 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old March 9th, 2006, 11:59 PM
Friend of Wrox
Points: 2,376, Level: 20 Points: 2,376, Level: 20 Points: 2,376, Level: 20
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Designer Errors with CF API calls

Hi all,
I am in desperate need of assistance.
I have a Pocket PC application that I wish to access the phones api for trapping sms's and retrieving the mobile number of the device.
I have code which I beleive will do this, but as soon as I add the classes to the project I get designer errors. I do not even have to use the code to get these errors. I have not found any reference on the net to the namespace mentioned in the error at all.
The error is
Code:
 One or more errors encountered while loading the designer. The errors are listed below. Some errors can be fixed by rebuilding your project, while others may require code changes. 

The type 'Microsoft.CompactFramework.Design.UnsafeUserControl' has no property named 'DataSource'. 
Hide    Edit 

at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.Error(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String exceptionText, String helpLink)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeStatement statement) 

The type 'Microsoft.CompactFramework.Design.UnsafeUserControl' has no property named 'DataSource'. 
Hide    Edit 

at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.Error(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String exceptionText, String helpLink)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeStatement statement)
Following the Edit link takes me to the setting of a datasource attribute in a user control I have created.
The control is not related to the new classes I have added in any way.

Can anyone provide any direction as to why this is occuring?

======================================
They say, best men are molded out of faults,
And, for the most, become much more the better
For being a little bad.
For being a little bad."
--Shakespeare
Old March 10th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Friend of Wrox

The issue only seems to arise on forms that have a user control on them.
Please Help.

For being a little bad.
Old March 10th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Friend of Wrox

I have fixed the problem by populating a panel in the page rather than using a control that requires a datatable as a datasource.
I still dont understand why this is an issue.
I will get by, but would still appreciate in information as to why this is happening.
I try to use controls to isolate functionality whenever possible.

For being a little bad.