You are currently viewing the Dreamweaver (all versions) section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
I have already constructed a site with Dreamweaver.
It is about asp pages and mysql database. I do not use plain html pages.
Now, I want to offer some of the content of my site in i-mode mobile phones, which started to appear in my country from telecom companies.
I know that there is chtml for these pages, a specific version of html.
I would like to know the following:
1. Can I use the Dreamweaver to construct such pages? How?
2. Do I have to use specific applications to construct or optimize such pages? Which ones?
3. What steps should I have to follow in order to construct i-mode compatible pages from my existing site?
4. How this should be setup in order to work with iis, mysql db etc.
5. Should I pay attention to something about this procedure?
I would think you would want to use WML, but I suppose Flash may work well, if you can make Flash do what you want. But for a more immediate solution (i.e. you don't want to give $400 for Flash MX) I suggest generating a WML document with ASP.