July 5th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New York, NY, USA.
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Problem Installing AMP Environment on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Edition
I apologize in advance if this posting is gratuitous and has already been answered, but I have yet to find an adequate answer to this question.
I am an IT web development/design student in the CUNY BA Program of the City University of New York.
Until recently, I had successfully configured an AMP environment consisting of Apache HTTP Server, MySQL, PHP and phpMyAdmin running on Windows XP Professional SP3.
Since the beginning of this year, I have been trying to no avail to get the same configuration to work under Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Edition.
Apache works on its own, but I encounter the following anomalies:
I am trying valiantly to get back to my studies so that I can solidify and augment my existing knowledge and would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide. I have been at a loss. Any of the online tutorials I have seen reference Windows 7 betas and contradict one another on what a proper configuration is.
- The phpinfo() class correctly displays the php information page.
- Noticeably absent, however are the listings for the mysql and mysqli extensions. Only mysqlnd is present.
- This is despite the facts that:
- The httpd.conf file set PHPIniDIR = 'C:/Windows';
- The php.ini file uncommented the extension=php_mysql.dll and extension=php_mysqli.dll lines.
- Any attempts at scripts that access the MySQL Server result in the following error messages:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect() OR
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()
If you need additional information, please let me know and I will gladly provide it.