p2p.wrox.com Forums

p2p.wrox.com Forums (http://p2p.wrox.com/)
-   Pro VB.NET 2002/2003 (http://p2p.wrox.com/pro-vb-net-2002-2003-74/)
-   -   Creating Tables in RichTextBox (http://p2p.wrox.com/pro-vb-net-2002-2003/18397-creating-tables-richtextbox.html)

katsarosj September 15th, 2004 12:50 AM

Creating Tables in RichTextBox

Does anybody know how to create a table in a RichTextBox? I am sure it can be done because I can copy and paste it from Word. I have looked all over for this and can't find anything.

Thanks.

J

nickfinity October 26th, 2004 02:50 PM

Were you ever able to figure this out? I'm working on a project where I need to do the same thing. Thanks for any help.

katsarosj October 27th, 2004 11:58 AM

I have been able to get the table to appear, but I still don't understand enough about the markup to make a decent table.

I add the table and place the cursor in one of the columns, but when I type it just overwrites the column and doesn't autoexpand like it does in Word.

I think it has something to do with the length of the column in relation to the characters placed in it. But, like I said, I don't know enough about RichText markup to achieve it. At this point, I am working on other aspects of the project where I wanted this feature and thought I would come back to it when I have time.

If you come up with anything, I would be very interested in hearing how you did it.

J

nickfinity October 27th, 2004 07:23 PM

Thanks for the reply. If I figure anything out I'll definitely let you know. I've got a couple of people that may be able to help me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

mahfuzdinish July 25th, 2007 04:49 AM

hello

i have the same problem. i want to add table capability to my word processor application.but i cant. could u help if u solved the problem.
i am using VB.net 2003.

thanks

mahfuz

dinish

BrianWren July 26th, 2007 03:41 PM

Eritria... wow.

I would try this. Create the table you want in Word (or any other word processor capable of outputting in .rtf format).

Then save the document as .rtf. Open it in a text-based program like Notepad, and observe the RTF formatting that creates the table-type you are after.

A note on readability:
It is commonplace to not use capitalization in chat rooms, but it is an inferior way to communicate in more professional fora. I suggest that you get in the habit of using proper capitalization and punctuation (“cant” v. “cant”, “... application.but i ...” v. “... application. But I ...”)

mahfuzdinish July 31st, 2007 01:59 AM

Hello BrianWren

Thank you for your quick replay and for the your concern. I tried to do what you said but I cant figure it out. So if you can do it please try to let me notified.

Thanks

Mahfuz

dinish

BrianWren August 1st, 2007 05:43 PM

What part did n't work?
Could you tell me——step-by-step——what you did, and the results you got?

mahfuzdinish August 8th, 2007 04:07 AM

hello

I tried to copy a table from word to my rtf file and it appears in the document. But you see the problem when the text written in the cell of a table in rtf exceeds the border of the cell.

Did you notice that kind of problem?

mahfuz

dinish

EUSEBIO SANTANA September 23rd, 2010 02:33 PM

RICHTEXTBOX and DATABASE

I have the same problem.
I want to save the content of a RICHTEXTBOX INTO A DATABASE and I cant.
I've bought a lot of books trying to get it, but with any avail.

If you find the way to do it, will you please tell me how...?

eusebiosantana@hotmail.com

Thanks