p2p.wrox.com Forums

p2p.wrox.com Forums (http://p2p.wrox.com/)
-   BOOK: Professional Visual Studio 2008 ISBN: 978-0-470-22988-0 (http://p2p.wrox.com/book-professional-visual-studio-2008-isbn-978-0-470-22988-0-415/)
-   -   Sequential File Manipulation (http://p2p.wrox.com/book-professional-visual-studio-2008-isbn-978-0-470-22988-0/70841-sequential-file-manipulation.html)

chandan8888 October 2nd, 2008 12:45 AM

Sequential File Manipulation

Hi every1,

im doing a little assignment from uni and currently need help.

I've been asked the following question in the assignment using visual studio.net 2003

The purpose of this assignment is to produce a piece of software that would:
Store on sequential file(s) digital images with associated text.
Provide a means to maintain these file(s).
Provide a means for retrieving the information from these file(s) in such a way to enable the
display a selected image with its associated text.
Provide a means to navigate through previously selected images with their associated text.
Provide a means to navigate sequentially images with their associated text.

To achieve the implementation of this software you will be expected to utilise appropriate Object Oriented techniques, User-Defined Data Types. Sequential File facilities including StreamWriter and streamReader.

The user interface is the software to be designed and implemented as a Multiple Document
Interface (MDI).

Task 1
Design a suitable record structure(s) for storing, as sequential file(s), the data required for each
image including its associated text. Each image should be given a unique sequential reference
number.
Design suitable User-Defined Data type(s) for processing the record structure(s).

many thx (pls help me how to start with)

xchanx

azi January 14th, 2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chandan8888 (Post 70841)
Hi every1,

im doing a little assignment from uni and currently need help.

I've been asked the following question in the assignment using visual studio.net 2003

The purpose of this assignment is to produce a piece of software that would:
Store on sequential file(s) digital images with associated text.
Provide a means to maintain these file(s).
Provide a means for retrieving the information from these file(s) in such a way to enable the
display a selected image with its associated text.
Provide a means to navigate through previously selected images with their associated text.
Provide a means to navigate sequentially images with their associated text.

To achieve the implementation of this software you will be expected to utilise appropriate Object Oriented techniques, User-Defined Data Types. Sequential File facilities including StreamWriter and streamReader.

The user interface is the software to be designed and implemented as a Multiple Document
Interface (MDI).

Task 1
Design a suitable record structure(s) for storing, as sequential file(s), the data required for each
image including its associated text. Each image should be given a unique sequential reference
number.
Design suitable User-Defined Data type(s) for processing the record structure(s).

many thx (pls help me how to start with)

xchanx

Hi I'm working ot the same assignment at the moment and I need help here. My e-mail is aziz_mehmedov@yahoo.com If u have time I write me so I can ask u some questions. Ill appreciate. thanks