p2p.wrox.com Forums

p2p.wrox.com Forums (http://p2p.wrox.com/)
-   BOOK: Professional DotNetNuke 5: Open Source Web Application for ASP.NET ISBN: 978-0-470-43870-1 (http://p2p.wrox.com/book-professional-dotnetnuke-5-open-source-web-application-asp-net-isbn-978-0-470-43870-1-485/)
-   -   Little error in the SqlDataProvider script of WROX.Suggestion (http://p2p.wrox.com/book-professional-dotnetnuke-5-open-source-web-application-asp-net-isbn-978-0-470-43870-1/81961-little-error-sqldataprovider-script-wrox-suggestion.html)

taxivantha December 19th, 2010 02:10 AM

Little error in the SqlDataProvider script of WROX.Suggestion

Needing to get a grasp quickly on module development, I've downloaded the source version of WROX.Suggestion.

Setting it up failed in the execution of the script for the creation of new tables. By executing the instructions in 02.00.00.SqlDFataProvider, I could narrow down the problem to 2 stored procedures: WROX_GetSuggestionModulesAllTabs and WROX_GetSuggestionModulesThisTab. closer inspection of the code for the creation of those 2 stored procedures revealed that the colomn ModuleTitle is looked up in the table dbo.Modules where in fact it is a column of the table dbo.TabModules.

Replacing 3 occurrences of 'm.ModuleTitle' with 'tm.ModuleTitle' resolves the error.

taxivantha December 19th, 2010 06:16 AM

In the DotNetNuke forums, I learned from Sebastian Leupold that this is due to a modification, introduced in DNN 05.4

Anyone trying the instructions from your book on DNN 05.4+ will hit this problem. The work-around is easy.

After you unzip the files from the source code in your DesktopModules\WROX.Suggestion\ folder, edit the file 02.00.00.SqlDataProvider file in the wrox folder with a simple text editor.

The last two instructions in the file look like this:
CREATE PROCEDURE {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}WROX_GetSuggestion ModulesAllTabs

as

declare @SuggestionModuleDefID int
set @SuggestionModuleDefID = (select ModuleDefID from {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}ModuleDefinitions where FriendlyName='WROX.Suggestion')
select m.ModuleID,
'ModuleTitle' = m.ModuleTitle + ' (' + t.TabName + ')'
from {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}Modules m inner join
{databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}TabModules tm on m.ModuleID = tm.ModuleID inner join
{databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}Tabs t on tm.TabID=t.TabID
where m.ModuleDefID = @SuggestionModuleDefID
and t.IsDeleted = 0
order by t.TabID, m.ModuleTitle

GO

and the next one:

CREATE PROCEDURE {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}WROX_GetSuggestion ModulesThisTab

@TabID int

as

set @SuggestionModuleDefID = (select ModuleDefID from {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}ModuleDefinitions where FriendlyName='WROX.Suggestion')
select m.ModuleID,
m.ModuleTitle
from {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}Modules m Inner Join
{databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}TabModules tm on m.ModuleID = tm.ModuleID
and tm.TabID = @TabID
order by ModuleTitle

GO

This code is no longer compatible with DNN 05.4+ and should be replaced with the following code:

CREATE PROCEDURE {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}WROX_GetSuggestion ModulesAllTabs

as

select m.ModuleID,
'ModuleTitle' = tm.ModuleTitle + ' (' + t.TabName + ')'
from {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}Modules m inner join
{databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}TabModules tm on m.ModuleID = tm.ModuleID inner join
{databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}Tabs t on tm.TabID=t.TabID
and t.IsDeleted = 0
order by t.TabID, tm.ModuleTitle

GO

CREATE PROCEDURE {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}WROX_GetSuggestion ModulesThisTab

@TabID int

as

select m.ModuleID,
tm.ModuleTitle
from {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}Modules m Inner Join
{databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}TabModules tm on m.ModuleID = tm.ModuleID
and tm.TabID = @TabID
order by ModuleTitle

GO

Save the file and continue with the instructions. WROX.Suggestions will from there on work like the book says it should.

steag February 21st, 2011 07:38 AM

Help

I replaced the code from the two stored procedures but this didn't fix the problem. I think I did something wrong here.

taxivantha February 21st, 2011 07:10 PM

I got through it and make it work (actually, I made an module of my own, a page hit counter). If you tell me what error you have, I might help you out?

taxivantha February 23rd, 2011 12:15 AM

I've reported on the issues I met going through the procedure from the book in the DNN forums. You can read them here: http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Resources/...s/Default.aspx

I hope this helps you figure it out.

mcoonrod March 20th, 2011 09:56 PM

Change WROX_GetSuggestion ModulesAllTabs
to WROX_GetSuggestionModulesAllTabs
and
Change WROX_GetSuggestionModulesThisTab
to WROX_GetSuggestionModulesThisTab
in the above fix and it will work