Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > Visual Basic > VB.NET 1.0 > Pro VB.NET 2002/2003
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
Pro VB.NET 2002/2003 For advanced Visual Basic coders working .NET version 2002/2003. Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums, including Beginning VB.NET.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro VB.NET 2002/2003 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old June 13th, 2006, 11:49 AM

Default Datagrid popup

Pls, I'm writing a data-centrc application with a requirement to have a popup on a column, of a datagrid, that's a foreign key to another table; such that when a cell in the column has focus the user either types a value in this cell or request a popup to be displayed and the code of the selected value to appear in the cell.

Thanks soccers_guy10. It's still better late than never. I was programming in VB6 when I posted this problem but since moving to VS2008 I've got new challenges like printing a richtext formatted data that's in one of the columns retrieved from an MS SQL Server 2005+. I found out there is no matching MS Reporting control to render a RichText data. I'm thinking of exporting the data to MS Word and building the report grids thereto.

Well if anyone has a better idea please let me know. Please don't suggest buying any components like DevExpress suites (yeah! great product set; not for now).

Last edited by taofeeklasisi; June 28th, 2010 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Updating
Old June 21st, 2006, 04:46 AM
Authorized User

Create your own DataGridColumnStyle
The idea is create usercontrol which inherits from DataTextboxColumn or some controls more useful and add a little button to show look up data dialog.

The Following User Says Thank You to soccers_guy10 For This Useful Post:
taofeeklasisi (June 28th, 2010)
Old June 28th, 2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccers_guy10 View Post
Create your own DataGridColumnStyle
The idea is create usercontrol which inherits from DataTextboxColumn or some controls more useful and add a little button to show look up data dialog.
Yeah, I've used that method to display a datetimepicker in the gridview but I was programming in VB6 then. But VS2005 and then VS2008 have changed the goal post and there are more challenges like a RichTextBox column style...And how to have that rendered with an MS Report Writer.