Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > Visual Basic > VB.NET 1.0 > Pro VB.NET 2002/2003
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
Pro VB.NET 2002/2003 For advanced Visual Basic coders working .NET version 2002/2003. Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums, including Beginning VB.NET.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro VB.NET 2002/2003 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old December 8th, 2003, 05:57 AM

Default Crystal 8.5 - Missing or out-of-date export DLL

Hi,

I'm trying to export a report to disk using VB6 and Crystal Reports 8.5. Usually this works fine but recently I've tried to use this over terminal services and now I get the error message 'Missing or out-of-date export DLL' when I try and export. This works on lots of other installations, so I doubt it's the code, but I'm at a bit of a loss now. My guess is that it's probably a perissions thing but I don't know Crystal well enough to know which DLL might be throwing it. Does anyone have any advice?

I have included the code that does the export below:

With mobjCrystalReport
    with .ExportOptions
        .UseReportDateFormat = True
        .UseReportNumberFormat = True
        .FormatType = crEFTCommaSeparatedValues
        .DestinationType = crEDTDiskFile
        .DiskFileName = strFileName
    end with
    .Export False
End With

With many thanks and much desperation!

Paul.

Old August 16th, 2004, 07:51 AM

Hi check the following URL or reade below

http://support.businessobjects.com/l...s/c2006348.asp

I tried this solution and it worked well

regards
Suresh

Citrix Metaframe - "PEExportTo: Missing or out-of-date export DLL" on Scheduling
The information in the article refers to:
Seagate Info 7

Applies to:

Reported version and lower
Citrix Metaframe
Scheduling
Exporting

Synopsis

An instance scheduled in a Citrix Metaframe or Windows NT Terminal Server environment fails on the Info Desktop with the following error:

"PEExportTo : Missing or out-of-date export DLL."

In the Info Report Designer, attempting to export the report results in one of the following errors:

"No Export DLLs found"

-OR-

"Missing or out of date DLL"

In the Info SQL Designer, attempting to export the query results in the following error:

"Export failed"

Why do these error messages appear?

Solution

These errors messages appear because Seagate Info cannot find the export DLLs in a Citrix Metaframe or NT Terminal Server environment. By default, Seagate Info expects the export DLLs to be located in %systemroot%\Crystal. On a Citrix or Terminal Server computer, the DLLs are located in the following directories:

• \Wtsrv\Profiles\<user>\Windows\Crystal

• \Wtsrv\System32

When Seagate Info is installed onto a Citrix Metaframe or NT Terminal Server computer, the following file types are automatically installed to the \Wtsrv\Profiles\<user>\Windows\Crystal directory:

• Database drivers (P2*.dll)

• Export drivers (U2f*.dll and U2d*.dll)

• User-defined Function Library (UFL) drivers (U2L*.dll)

(The only exception is the P2sodbc.dll, which allows for an ODBC connection to a database. P2sodbc.dll is automatically installed to the \Wtsrv\System32 folder. Thus, Seagate Info will find this file.)

As an example, if the user "Administrator" is logged on to the Citrix Metaframe computer when Seagate Info is installed, the Seagate Info DLLs will be placed in the \Wtsrv\Profiles\Administrator\Windows\Crystal directory. When logged on, "Administrator" is able to export from the Info Report Designer but another user is not because they do not have access to the export DLLs.

Alternatives to deploying DLLs for Seagate Info client tools
--------------------------------------------------------

There are three main methods of deploying the required Seagate Info DLLs on a Citrix Metaframe or Terminal Server computer so that all users will be able to access them. Place the DLLs in:

• \Program Files\Seagate Software\SI\X86 (This is the recommended solution.)

• \Wtsrv\Profiles\<user>\Windows\Crystal

• \Wtsrv\System32

If you utilize the \Program Files\Seagate Software\SI\X86 directory, the Seagate Info DLLs must be copied to this folder once. This will allow all users to run the Seagate Info client tools and only one folder needs to be updated on the Citrix Metaframe or Terminal Server computer. Crystal Decisions recommends this solution.

If you use the \Wtsrv\Profiles\<user>\Windows\Crystal directory, the Seagate Info DLLs must be copied to the profile folder of each user on the Citrix Metaframe or Terminal Server computer. This is the second preferred method for Network Administrators and is more advantageous than method the following method.

If you utilize the global folder \Wtsrv\System32, the Seagate Info DLLs must be copied to this folder only. However, most NT or Network Administrators do not prefer this method due to security reasons.

==============
NOTES:

• Even when using a PATH statement to specify where the DLLs reside, Seagate Info does not find these DLLs.

• When reinstalling Seagate Info or applying a product update or maintenance release, these DLLs must be copied to the appropriate directories again.
==============

Test Results
------------
Testing was performed using Seagate Info version 7.0.2.100 installed onto a Citrix Metaframe computer. Initially, the following conditions were presented:

· Log on to the Citrix Metaframe computer as user "Administrator".
· Configure the Seagate Info NT services; Info APS, Info Sentinel, and Info Agent, to run under a domain user account, Domain\User, which is a member of the local computer's Administrators group.

The three major tests that were performed were:

· How the Info Report Designer reads export DLLs on a Citrix Metaframe computer.
· How an Info Report Server reads export DLLs on a Citrix Metaframe computer when a report is scheduled and the Info Sentinel is running as an application instead of an NT service.
· How an Info Report Server reads export DLLs on a Citrix Metaframe computer when a report is scheduled and the Info Sentinel is running as an NT Service.

Test 1: How the Info Report Designer reads export DLLs on a Citrix Metaframe computer.

The Info Report Designer dynamically reads the DLLs successfully from the following folders:
· \Program Files\Seagate Software\SI\X86
· \Wtsrv\System32
· \Wtsrv\Profiles\<user>\Windows\Crystal

Test 2: How an Info Report Server reads export DLLs on a Citrix Metaframe computer when a report is scheduled and the Info Sentinel is running as an application instead of an NT service. (Test completed while logged on to the Citrix Metaframe computer as the NT Service user account.)

With the Info Sentinel running as an application, at schedule time the Info Report Server only reads the DLLs from the following two locations:
· \Wtsrv\Profiles\<NT_Service_user_account>\Windows\ Crystal
· \Wtsrv\System32

The Info Report Server does not read the DLLs when they are located in the \Program Files\Seagate Software\SI\X86 directory. As a result, scheduled reports will fail.

Test 3: How an Info Report Server reads export DLLs on a Citrix Metaframe computer when a report is scheduled and the Info Sentinel is running as an NT Service.

With the Info Sentinel running as an NT Service, at schedule time the Info Report Server only reads the DLLs from the \Wtsrv\System32 directory.

The Info Report Server does not read the DLLs when they are located in the following two locations and as a result, scheduled reports will fail:
· \Program Files\Seagate Software\SI\X86
· \Wtsrv\Profiles\<NT_Service_user_account>\Windows\ Crystal

==========
LOCALIZED ERROR MESSAGE TRANSLATION

The French and German translations of this error message are available and listed below.

French: PEExportTo: DLL d'exportation manquante ou obsolète

German: PEExportTo: Export-DLL fehlt oder ist veraltet

Find search tips for localized error messages at the following link:

http://support.crystaldecisions.com/...SearchHelp.asp

Old October 6th, 2004, 05:26 PM

Here is something from the Crystal Reports site

http://support.businessobjects.com/c...al_servers.pdf

The key information is extracted below:

1. Copy the files from the following directory:
%systemroot%\Crystal

2. Paste the files to the System directory.
For example, in Terminal Server, the
System directory is generally:
Winnt\System32

-Jared
Old July 14th, 2006, 05:56 AM
Friend of Wrox

Send a message via MSN to ashu_from_india Send a message via Yahoo to ashu_from_india

hi

i m installing the software in a standalone machine and still i m getting this error :(
i m trying to export my report to Excel format

Old August 27th, 2009, 02:10 PM

Thumbs up Wincall call accounting - missing or out-of-date export dll

In WinCall, when trying to run reports to the screen or exporting to local hard drive I would get two different errors. When running reports to screen the error was: "the Remaining text does not appear to be part of the formula". When exporting to disk the error was: "-2147190548: missing or out-of-date export dll".

The problem was that the crystal folder that contains all the crystal DLL's was missing from the C:\Documents and settings\<user>\Windows\
Make sure crystal folder exists and that it contains 70 different dll's.