Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > Visual Basic > VB 2005 > Pro Visual Basic 2005
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
Pro Visual Basic 2005 For advanced Visual Basic coders working in version 2005. Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums, including Beginning VB 2005.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro Visual Basic 2005 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old December 19th, 2009, 10:38 AM

Default VIsual Basic 05 i need project help please !!

I am trying to do this program and am having no luck can anyone give me an example of the code i would use for the caclulation part of it. I have it all done except the calculation part i am not getting !! Here is the project :Called VB Auto Center....Sales people for a used cars are compensated using a commission system. The commission is based on the cost incurred for the vehicle.
The form will allow the user to enter the salespersons name, the selling price of the vehicle, and the cost value of the vehicle. Use the constant off 20 percent for the commission rate.
The calculate button will determine the commission earned by the salesperson, the clear button will clear the text buttons. Do not allow bad input data to cancel the program, instead display a message to the user.
Commission = Commission Rate *
( Sales Price - Cost Value )

If anyone can help me that would be great !! Thanks
Old December 28th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Friend of Wrox
Points: 7,395, Level: 36 Points: 7,395, Level: 36 Points: 7,395, Level: 36
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Send a message via MSN to gbianchi

HI there...

You need help with what?? the calculation is like what you write. Or you have another problems with it???

Gonzalo

================================================== =========
Read this if you want to know how to get a correct reply for your question.
(Took that from Doug signature and he Took that from Peter profile)
My programs achieved a new certification :
WORKS ON MY MACHINE
I know that CVS was evil, and now i got the
proof.
Old December 28th, 2009, 12:04 PM

Default Vb auto center project help

Hi thanks for responding, i have that particular project figured out and am on to this one. I am teaching myself visual but found out that even if it works it does not mean it is correct and for me to understand it helps to see the right code for them. Here is the one i am on now:
Create a project that determines the total amount due for the purchase of a vehicle. Include text boxes for the base price and the trade in allowance. Check boxes will indicate if the buyer wants additional accessories:stereo system, leather interior, and/or computer navigation. A group box for the exterior finish will contain radio buttons for Standard, Pearlized or Customized detailing,
Have the trade-in allowance default to zero:that is, if the user does not enter a trade-in value, use zero in your calculation. Validate the values from the text boxes, displaying a message box if necessary.
To calculate, add the price of selected accessories and finish to the base price and display the result in a control called a Subtotal. Calculate the sales tax on the subtotal and display the results in a Total control. Then subtract any trade-in value from the Total and display the results in an Amount Due control.
Include buttons for Calculate, Clear, and Exit. The Calculate button must display the total amount due after trade-in.
Hint:Recall that you can make an ampersand appear in the Text property of a control by including two ampersands.
Item and price
Stereo System......425.76
Leather Interior.....987.41
Computer Navigation.....1,741.23
Standard.....no additional charge
Pearlized....345.72
Customized Detailing 599.99
Tax Rate ....8%
Ok i have
(1) group box called Accessories,,,that has 3 check boxes in order,Stereo System, Leather Interior and Computer Navigation.
(1) group box called Exterior Finish,,that has 3 radio buttons in order called Standard, Pearlized and Customized Detailing.
(7) labels named in order top to bottom Car Sales Price, Accessories & Finish, Subtotal, Sales Tax (8%), Total,
Trade-In Allowance, Amount Due.
There are text boxes beside each label for input, for a total of 7 text boxes.
And a Calculate, Clear and Exit Button at bottom.
If you can help that would be great and also it would be nice to know what code is written under which control, sometimes that confuses me also. Let me know what you think and thank you so much for replying.
Old December 28th, 2009, 12:08 PM

Sorry i forgot to mention that i need the coding for all of it, the calculations as well as for each control i am learning and still a little confusing but i am gaining ground and it is starting to make sense,, Thanks !!
Old December 28th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Friend of Wrox

Homework????

you have to put all the code that "calculates" under the calculate button ;) (in the click event of it).

What specific part you need help with? nobody will code it for you, at least not for free...

Also this is the pro VB forum.. And your question are by far for a beginner.

Gonzalo

WORKS ON MY MACHINE
proof.
Old December 28th, 2009, 03:17 PM

Default visual basic 2005

Hi, thanks for replying, is there another category instead of (Pro) in this forum ? That's exactly what i need is someone to code it for me, its the only way i am going to learn ( monkey see monkey do ) the book i am using does not give examples ( well good examples ) of the coding !! And other than taking a class which i have no time to, my alternative way is to learn on my own as i learn very quickly if i can see how it is coded that will help me tremendously.
Old December 28th, 2009, 03:19 PM

Oh, by the way, you mentioned someone could code it for me, where might i find someone to do this and yes i would be willing to pay.
Old December 29th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Friend of Wrox

Wrox have a lot of good books if you wish to learn. You can ask Jim about it. (Jim if you read this come in!)

And if you wish to learn, there is a lot of tutorial and papers on line. If you see what other do, you will only learn how to copy. Better try it, and you can get help from us correcting it.

And Google for sites that offers programmers.

Gonzalo

WORKS ON MY MACHINE
proof.