Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > .NET > Other .NET > Silverlight 2
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
Silverlight 2 Discuss Microsoft Silverlight 2
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Silverlight 2 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old January 8th, 2009, 01:40 AM

Default Report in SilverLight

I am new to SilverLight.
Can any one tell me about Report in SilverLight.
Old August 18th, 2009, 02:53 PM

Default Report in Silverlight

Hello, you can use this tool:

Report Sharp Shooter for Silverlight

http://www.perpetuumsoft.com

Reporting component for Silverlight.

Silverlight report viewer combines all benefits of desktop and Internet applications:
Advantages of desktop apps

•Fast report uploading: every single page is loaded separately; you can view only those report pages you really need without loading the whole report;

•Report preview: single page, continuous;

•Export to PDF, HTML, Excel, and RTF;

•Zoom of any type: percent, regional, dynamic;

•Fast search;

•Easy navigation;

•Report panning;

Advantages of Internet apps

•No need to install application and deliver updates to every computer in the company, just update it on server and all employees have a new version delivered;

Advantages of Silverlight apps

•Correct display of designed reports: unlike reports exported to HTML, Silverlight reports guarantee 100% match of all displayed report elements with Win Forms preview.

•High-quality reports representation: you can zoom in any report area without loss of quality;

•Delicate setup of viewer design: all report viewer elements are set up by styles and templates. You can use custom skins. Such component will seamlessly fit into design of any application.

•Universal solution for all operating systems, web browsers and devices: no need to setup and adjust your Business Intelligence system on each seat.
So, summarizing all benefits you get feature-rich reporting component with extended abilities for delivering reports via the Internet. Report Sharp-Shooter for Silverlight will help you dramatically reduce delivery time of your Business Intelligence projects, simplify and optimize work of analysts and other personnel working with reports and in this way increase ROI of the projects and customer satisfaction.
Old October 31st, 2011, 01:24 AM
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I am finding myself in the same situation, I have just found this free library in codeplex:

http://silverlightreporting.codeplex.com/

If you give it a try let me know how it goes, in particular wether you are able to view the report before printing, which I can't get it to work, but then the printing of the report is fine,...weird..