Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > SQL Server > SQL Server 2005 > SQL Server 2005
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
SQL Server 2005 General discussion of SQL Server *2005* version only.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the SQL Server 2005 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old April 7th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Friend of Wrox

Default Book: Professional SQL Server 2005 CLR Programming

I'm following along in the book and in Chapter 2, page 36, the authors use the SQL Profiler under Performance Tools under SQL Server 2005. This is referred to in the first paragraph on that page. I am using SQL 2005 Express which they say is OK to use. I downloaded SQLServer2005_Performance Dashboard.msi, and installed it successfully. Apparently that msi contains the SQL Profiler in Performance Tools that I need to continue. Nevertheless I do not see any reference to Performance Tools under SQL Server 2005. Anyone have a suggestion on what I did wrong or what is the problem? Thanks.