Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > SQL Server > SQL Server 2005 > SQL Server 2005
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
SQL Server 2005 General discussion of SQL Server *2005* version only.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the SQL Server 2005 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old May 15th, 2008, 08:52 AM

Default unable to connect

hi there, I have just installed sql server 2005 on my pc.The problem is that when i am connecting to the server i am having a trouble.I can connect using windows authentication but not getting connected using sql server authentication. Can anyone tell me whats going wrong? To be more clear I am giving server name as MANIKYAM-AFADF9\SQLEXPRESS, login as sultan and password as xyz and using sql server authentication the error in connection is:

Cannot connect to MANIKYAM-AFADF9\SQLEXPRESS.

------------------------------
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 233)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdN...3&LinkId=20476

------------------------------
please help me.
Old June 6th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Wrox Author

Just to be sure, you have your server authentication set to mixed mode (SQL Server and Windows authentication mode)? If you are selecting SQL Server authentication when you log in, is the login you are using an actual login in SQL Server?

========================
Scott Klein
Author of:
Professional SQL Server 2005 XML
Professional WCF Programming: .NET Development with the Windows Communication Foundation
Professional LINQ
========================