Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > SQL Server > SQL Server 2005 > SQL Server 2005
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
SQL Server 2005 General discussion of SQL Server *2005* version only.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the SQL Server 2005 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old March 15th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Authorized User

Default Integration Services - Dynamically build connection objects for Microsoft Access data

Hello, I need to create a dynammic build connection objects for Microsoft Access databases.
I´m using ssis 2005 and, i am reading a table in sql server 2005 that contains the path for the mdb file.
I already created a variable with that sql query, and that works, but when i´m using it on the expression of the connection ("Data Source=" + @[User::path] + ";Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;User ID=Admin;Password=;") i get an error when i´m running the package: TITLE: Package Validation Error
------------------------------

Package Validation Error

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Error at Data Flow Task 1 [OLE DB Source [1]]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER . The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "ACERTO_OBJ_2010NEW" failed with error code 0xC0202009. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.

Error at Data Flow Task 1 [DTS.Pipeline]: component "OLE DB Source" (1) failed validation and returned error code 0xC020801C.

Error at Data Flow Task 1 [DTS.Pipeline]: One or more component failed validation.

Error at Data Flow Task 1: There were errors during task validation.

Error at importa_acertos_obj [Connection manager "ACERTO_OBJ_2010NEW"]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E4D.
I try to put in the misc\connectionString Data Source=@[User::path];User ID=Admin;Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;
and in the ServerName: @[User::path] but the error was:
TITLE: Package Validation Error

Package Validation Error

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Error at Data Flow Task 1 [OLE DB Source [1]]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER . The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "ACERTO_OBJ_2010NEW" failed with error code 0xC0202009. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.

Error at Data Flow Task 1 [DTS.Pipeline]: component "OLE DB Source" (1) failed validation and returned error code 0xC020801C.

Error at Data Flow Task 1 [DTS.Pipeline]: One or more component failed validation.

Error at Data Flow Task 1: There were errors during task validation.

Error at importa_acertos_obj [Connection manager "ACERTO_OBJ_2010NEW"]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80004005.
An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft JET Database Engine" Hresult: 0x80004005 Description: "Could not find file 'C:\Documents and Settings\TT1143\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\importa_acertos_obj\@[User::path]'.".

(Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.VsIntegratio n)

Can someone help me, please