Well, thanks to your help I finally got this thing figured out.
I did as you suggested and created a file in VB
.NET with the same parameters as the one created in VB5. There were not alike. The string parts matched but the number of boxes and spaces were very different. One thing I noticed was that the VB5 file had 2 boxes where an integer belonged between strings and the VB
.NET had 4 boxes. That got me to thinking that the Integer type in VB5 was not the same as the Integer type in VB
.NET. As you may recall from one of my previous posts the original VB5 code that created had the following Type:
Public Type OWNER
RecordNum As Integer
DateOfPurch As Long
RegNum As String * 9
UsesRemaining As Integer
VersionNum As Integer
DiskSize As String * 2
DiskCount As Integer
DateMade As String * 3
VersionName As String * 4
In creating the structure in VB
.NET I changed all the Integer types to Int16 and the Long to Integer. Also the value in the RegNum string did not have 9 characters but was actually an empty string. So to make it work I had to supply a string of 9 spaces. With those changes it worked perfectly.
Thank you so much for your help.