I need help building a program in VB
2008. Basically, I want to point it at a Binary file, and then have it take the binary, and do the following with it:
1. Take a pair of bits from the beginning of the file
2. Consider the bits, and do the following:
--If they are 00 or 11, toss both of them from the file.
--If the are 01 or 10, keep the first bit, and toss the second one from the file.
3. Move on to the next 2 bits. Repeat.
It needs to do this to the entire file. I plan to simply type in the file location (Like c:\documents and settings\my user name\my documents\randump\dump1.bin) into a text box. It is named "find". The parse will be started by a button named "parse".
There are just possible problems:
1. There is a big chance that the amount of bits removed won't be divisible by 8. This will create an uneven byte at the end. Does the computer care, or should I be worried?
2. When the binary files are opened in notepad, they look like characters. The program needs to see the bits, not characters.
I'm a VB
noob, so can somebody show me how one is to do this?
And if you need any more information about the form setup, please ask.
Thanks in advance,