Graphics programming is one of those topics that there's always latent demand for, but never quite enough demand to support the costs involved in a printed book, especially when it comes to graphics programming in specific languages. This is another great case where we're really excited about being able to provide programmers with some content in Wrox Blox that would have been hard to deliver as books.
Rod Stephens has written the Wrox Blox Visual Basic Graphics Programming
(66 pages) selling for just $6.99 (PDF download). It covers:
How to add graphics to Visual Basic 2008 applications, explaining fundamental graphics techniques such as:
Rod Stephens is a real Wrox Star
- Drawing shapes with different colors and line styles
- Filling areas with colors, gradients, and patterns
- Drawing text that is properly aligned, sized, and clipped exactly where you want it
- Manipulating images and saving results in bitmap, JPEG, and other types of files
- Transforming graphics (move, stretch, or rotate graphics)
- WPF graphics, XAML, and FlowDocuments
- 35 example programs written in VB 2008, although most of the code works in previous versions of VB as well. (WPF graphics and FlowDocuments,require WPF provided in .NET Framework 3.0 and later. )
and it's great to have him writing these Wrox Blox.
Wiley Technology Publishing
Wrox online library: http://wrox.books24x7.com
Associate Publisher, WROX - A Wiley Brand
Did someone here help you? Click
on their post!