Visual Studio 2008For discussing Visual Studio 2008. Please post code questions about a specific language (C#, VB, ASP.NET, etc) in the correct language forum instead.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.
You are currently viewing the Visual Studio 2008 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developersí questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
Anyone have any issues with intellisence in VS2008? Mine was working fine then for no reason just stopped working. Searching on the internet has produced no solutions.
I have VS2008 installed with SP1. I have tried unchecking and checking again the checkboxes in Tools, Options, Text editor All languages and Basic. Doing this in VS2005 works but nothing happens in VS2008. No intellisence.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling VS2008.
Anyone any ideas. VS is unworkable without intellisence.
Thanks for the reply Imar. I agree with the article you posted, I think I am now too reliant on Intellisense. Without it I dont think I could program effectively, esspecially with VS2008 - Im doing some XAML and finding the help not very good, and have to rely on the intellisense to help.
Anyway, I have managed to find the problem. I located a document last night on the web that said installing MSDN may be an issue. 2 days ago I installed MSDN for VS2008, and yesterday I rebooted which is when the problem occured. So I tried the solutions on the web - repairing VS2008 and running some command line prompts to register a DLL (sorry, cant remember which). Still no joy. So I uninstalled everything to do with VS2008 - Document explorer, all SDK's, MSDN, VS2008 then started again. So far I have reinstalled VS2008 and have intellisense back. Dont think I will be installing MSDN again.
May not be the correct or easiest solution but it worked for me.