Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > .NET > .NET 1.0 and Visual Studio.NET > VS.NET 2002/2003
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
VS.NET 2002/2003 Discussions about the Visual Studio.NET programming environment, the 2002 (1.0) and 2003 (1.1). ** Please don't post code questions here ** For issues specific to a particular language in .NET, please see the other forum categories.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the VS.NET 2002/2003 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old October 14th, 2003, 03:10 PM

Send a message via ICQ to gmachado Send a message via MSN to gmachado
Default Limiting a TextBox MultLine

Hello,

I´m would like to limit the number of caracters for a textbox in multiline mode.

I know that the property maxlength doesnt work with multiline!!

I´m trying to use the textarea componente with javascript function, but I still with a trouble: How Can I atribute the context of a textarea for a textbox and reverse it. Because I need to return data from a Data Base from this TextArea, then I think that I need first return data to a textbox for after put this to textarea! but I dont´know how can I do this? Somebody else can help me?

Regards,

Best Regards,

Gustavo M Rodrigues

Old November 2nd, 2003, 12:04 AM
Authorized User

Send a message via MSN to sempf

Have you considered the use of a Validation control, perhaps the Regular Expression control, and just informa the user when the control it tabbed from? The only other option is to count the keystrokes using javascript, which is slow and messy.

Bill Sempf
Effective Visual Studio .NET