View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Friend of Wrox
Points: 2,876, Level: 22 Points: 2,876, Level: 22 Points: 2,876, Level: 22
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Session Variables Randomly Disappear?

I have a problem where all my Session variables seem to just disappear for no apparent reason. SessionState is enabled for the application with a 20 minute timeout. All code resides in the same project in the same subdirectory on the same server. To make matters worse, it's not reproducible on demand - sometimes it happens upon entering a page, other times it occurs when clicking on a postback control, but I can't seem to predict when this will happen. I can follow the very same steps from one session to the next, and one time they'll disappear and the next they'll be there. It makes no sense.

It almost feels like it's timing out, except this is happening sometimes within seconds of starting the session, not 20 minutes later as teh timeout value would seem to imply. Response.Writes on each form show the very same session id, so it's not like it's trying to start a new session. I'm stumped and ready to abandon session variables in lieu of storing this information in my database. Any clues or other suggestions?