View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Authorized User
Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

My "ownership/permissions" hypothesis was wrong, I think. I"m now getting similar problems. These two error messages (also when logged in as administrator):

"The database has been placed in a state by user 'Admin' on machine xxx that prevens it from being opened or locked."

And

"You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time. If you proceed to make changes, you may not be able to save them."

I tried running the DB as administrator and got the same problems. This is what happens:
     If I open the form in Form View, it works OK. If I then go to design view and try to write or change the code, I get the error messages. I think that's because of the connection established by first opening in form view.
     If I open the form directly in design view, I can then change the form or the code without this problem arising. I then close the form and reopen it in form view (rather than switching to form view) and it seems to work OK.

Something similar seems to happen if one opens more than one of the forms at once.