View Single Post
  #10 (permalink)  
Old December 9th, 2005, 10:12 PM
wb8bgy wb8bgy is offline
Authorized User
Points: 111, Level: 2
Points: 111, Level: 2 Points: 111, Level: 2 Points: 111, Level: 2
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: , , .
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi Ankur:
Well you did it! I now have the code working. The example you sent would not work in the location I put it. Could not find the .mdb file. In looking at the error I saw that your file was pointing to a different location. So....I opened the "app.config" file and inserted my address string to the file. It worked perfectly after that!

That got me thinking so I went and looked at the "app.config" file for my program directory. It was marked: ....[DataDirectory] MKA.mdb (MKA.mdb is my Access Data File) I pasted in place of "DataDirectory" the actual path to my mdb file and everything started to work!

When I imported the .mdb file to the project, I wonded if some kind of a problem occured and it actually left the "DataDirectory" path pointing back to my original location before the import. That would explain why I saw changes in the "real" directory in my Access Program as I was playing around with the Visual Basic version that I am trying to convert/write.

Anyway Ankur your code file led me to the answer. I am sure I will have more questions as I proceed with this very complicated conversion from Access to VB. It will be a great learning experience for me and I hope you don't mind me coming back to you often for help and answers.

Thank you so much for the help and sticking in there with me to the end.

Sincerely,
George Race

Reply With Quote