View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Authorized User

Hello again,

i'm not sure I understand what you mean, are you saying that i don't need to put the MobileNumber in the profile in web.config? if so where would i put it instead as i need it to be added. Also what type would you suggest that the variable be if not an integer? It seems that whatever way i try to do myProfile.MobileNumber = MobileNumber.text it always says that MobileNumber is not declared.even if i tried to cast it or convert it in some way. is there something i need to put at the top that the page inherits or a certain class that it needs.

All the pages i've seen on this topic state that all i would need to do is add the variable in the profile in webconfig, add a textbox of the variable in the userwizard and then put profile.variable = variable.text but it just doesn't work for me.

Sorry for being annoying, i've posted the full userwizard below if that is any help

<asp:CreateUserWizard ID="CreateUserWizard1" runat="server" LoginCreatedUser = "true" OnCreatedUser="CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser">
        <WizardSteps>
            <asp:CreateUserWizardStep runat="server">
                <ContentTemplate>
                    <table border="0">
                        <tr>
                            <td align="center" colspan="2">
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                            <td align="right">
                                <asp:Label ID="UserNameLabel" runat="server" AssociatedControlID="UserName">User Name:</asp:Label></td>
                            <td>
                                <asp:TextBox ID="UserName" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>

</td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                            <td align="right">
                                <asp:Label ID="PasswordLabel" runat="server" AssociatedControlID="Password">Password:</asp:Label></td>
                            <td>
                                <asp:TextBox ID="Password" runat="server" TextMode="Password"></asp:TextBox>

</td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                            <td align="right">
                                <asp:Label ID="ConfirmPasswordLabel" runat="server" AssociatedControlID="ConfirmPassword">Confirm Password:</asp:Label></td>
                            <td>
                                <asp:TextBox ID="ConfirmPassword" runat="server" TextMode="Password"></asp:TextBox>
                        </td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                            <td align="right">
                                <asp:Label ID="EmailLabel" runat="server" AssociatedControlID="Email">E-mail:</asp:Label></td>
                            <td>
                                <asp:TextBox ID="Email" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
                                                            </td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                            <td align="right">
                                <asp:Label ID="QuestionLabel" runat="server" AssociatedControlID="Question">Security Question:</asp:Label></td>
                            <td>
                                <asp:TextBox ID="Question" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
                                                            </td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                            <td align="right">
                                <asp:Label ID="AnswerLabel" runat="server" AssociatedControlID="Answer">Security Answer:</asp:Label></td>
                            <td>
                                <asp:TextBox ID="Answer" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
                                                           </td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                            <td align="right" style="height: 26px">
                                <asp:Label ID="MobileNumberLabel" runat="server" AssociatedControlID="MobileNumber">Mobile Number:</asp:Label></td>
                            <td style="height: 26px">
                                <asp:TextBox ID="MobileNumber" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
                                                           </td>
                        </tr>

<tr>
                           <td align="right" style="height: 26px">
                                <asp:Label ID="AgeLabel" runat="server" AssociatedControlID="Age">Age:</asp:Label></td>
                            <td style="height: 26px">
                                <asp:TextBox ID="Age" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
                                                            </td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                            <td align="right">
                                Gender</td>
                            <td>
                                <asp:TextBox ID="Gender" runat="server"></asp:TextBox></td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                            <td align="center" colspan="2">
                                <asp:CompareValidator ID="PasswordCompare" runat="server" ControlToCompare="Password"
                                    ControlToValidate="ConfirmPassword" Display="Dynamic" ErrorMessage="The Password and Confirmation Password must match."
                                    ValidationGroup="CreateUserWizard1"></asp:CompareValidator>
                            </td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                            <td align="center" colspan="2" style="color: red">
                                <asp:Literal ID="ErrorMessage" runat="server" EnableViewState="False"></asp:Literal>
                            </td>
                        </tr>
                    </table>
                </ContentTemplate>
            </asp:CreateUserWizardStep>
            <asp:CompleteWizardStep runat="server">
            </asp:CompleteWizardStep>
        </WizardSteps>
    </asp:CreateUserWizard>