View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Wrox Author
Points: 72,055, Level: 100 Points: 72,055, Level: 100 Points: 72,055, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,587 Times in 1,563 Posts

If you don't *want* to fix the errors, you could try setting the xhtmlConformance setting in the web.config file. This influences the way the mmarkup is rendered, and may also change te validation scheme for VS 2005:

<system.web>
  <xhtmlConformance mode="Legacy" />
<system.web>

Other modes are strict and transitional. Not sure if that fixes your problems, but it;s worth a try of you're willing to live with non XHTML markup.

Look at it from the bright side: it has finally been fixed in VS 2005. Indeed there's a lot of 1.x mess to clean up, but it should be better from this point onwards....

The project I pointed you to adds a new project type in VS 2005, so you can use the 1.x project model, where a site is based on a project and compiles to a single assembly. It's meant especially for working with 1.x style projects, so it might do the trick for you....

Imar
---------------------------------------
Imar Spaanjaars
Everyone is unique, except for me.
While typing this post, I was listening to: Jennifers Body by Hole (Track 5 from the album: Live Through This) What's This?