View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Friend of Wrox

This is definitely not the book for you! This is mostly an architecture book for people who already know the basics. By the way, when you're ready for this book you should get the second edition - for VS 2005.

Try these:

Professional ASP.NET 2.0 (the title is misleading, anyone with a programming background will like this book; truely awesome)

Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 In C# 2005 - From Novice To Professional (both beginners and seasoned ASP.NET developers can learn from this, or any of McDonald's books)

Are you a PL/SQL Expert who's trying to figure out T-SQL? I hope not, because the better you know PL/SQL, the more you'll hate T-SQL! For books on Sql Server, get anything by Itzik Ben-Gan, such as "Inside SQL Server 2005: T-SQL Programming" (or his beginner book on Querying). This also isn't bad: "SQL Server 2005 T-SQL Recipes".

Sadly, there's a lot of books that don't measure up, so pick wisely. I'm especially displeased with most SQL books, and none of them measure up to Steven Feuerstein's books on PL/SQL. The books I mentioned are the best I've seen for developers, but we still have a way to go to find the perfect T-SQL book.

Eric