View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Authorized User

Hi again Imar -

I've been searching for days to see if this is possible and don't think it is but thought I'd check with you first -

I want to use the Login Control and provider models but I also want to provide a dropdown list of usernames for login. Let me explain my situation so you know what I'm talking about.

I am creating an orders database. In order to gain initial access to the system, each person will login using their name and a password that will be provided to them when their administrator signs on with my website.
So the initial security is loose, as long as the administrator gives out the password user will get to their main order form. Anyone who logs in this way will be assigned to a role and authenicated throughout the system based on that role, so that they can only access their own form.

So I will have many users logged in with the same username at one time which I don't think will be a problem. Only users that will login with a username will be the administrators and this will be done once they get passed the inital login.

I guess all I'm asking is whether there is any way to customize the login username text field to use a dropdown list. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it has to be a textbox.

If not I'm sure there is an easy way to do this only I can't seem to get it to work. Like I said, I would really like to use all the role/membership functionality already set up with asp.net to authenticate my users once they get to their main page.

Thanks!