Old January 5th, 2007, 07:38 PM
Authorized User
Points: 174, Level: 3 Points: 174, Level: 3 Points: 174, Level: 3
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Imar

Quote:
quote:provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 25 - Connection string is not valid
This seems to suggest there's something wrong with the connection string. How does it look?

And how does your SQL statement look like? Did you try a simple SELECT statement?

Imar
Imar, Thanks.

I was getting frustrated, but I finally got it figured out for Cassini on my laptop. I realized with trial and error that I could choose advanced and set the properties THEN copy the connection string that is auto-built in the advanced window. So now it looks like this:

Data Source=MYLAPTOP;Initial Catalog=WROXUNITED.MDF;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Password=mypassword;Network Library=dbmssocn

I had to specifically use the TCP as well because I was getting a named pipes error (it thinks for some reason that pipes aren't open on the SQL end, but I do have them configured that way.

Also, I found there is no need to comment out the call to themes from Web.config now that the connection info is good, as was suggested somewhere in Lightwaver's thread. I'm using a modification of Lightwaver's connection string, as posted previously...

I'm such a newb! lol... here's my connection string to replace in web.config for others that may have the same problem using SQL server 2005 STANDARD

<connectionStrings>
        <remove name="LocalSqlServer"/>
        <add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=MYLAPTOP;Initial Catalog=G:\BEGASPNET2\FINALAPPLICATION\WROXUNITED\ APP_DATA\ASPNETDB.MDF;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Password=mypassword;Network Library=dbmssocn"/>
        <add name="WroxUnited" connectionString="Data Source=MYLAPTOP;Initial Catalog=WROXUNITED.MDF;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Password=mypassword;Network Library=dbmssocn" />
    </connectionStrings>

Sincerely,
Brian