View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Friend of Wrox

I think given enough time I could figure this out. I had a helluva time with the menu control and spacing on my companies website, and I spent a ridiculous amount of time guess and checking to fix it. Then it didn't even work in Safari and I had to research that on the web and ended up dropping in a hundred lines of browser detection code into my web.config to trick the Menu web control into thinking Safari is an "uplevel browser" (and it clearly is) which it assumes by default is not. It's friggen ridiculous. The HTML that the Menu control pukes onto your client page is chock full of HTML nested tables, and it's not indented in any neat readable fashion either so debugging it is time consuming and frustrating. However just this past week I think the .NET team released some CSS "adapter" classes for the Menu, Treeview and maybe others. I haven't tried them yet but I am thinking it might just be easier to use that, have it spitting out DIV's and stuff, and use CSS to line up your stuff as you see fit.

Let me know how this works. I am likely to follow suite soon.