View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2007, 03:51 AM
Friend of Wrox
Points: 793, Level: 10 Points: 793, Level: 10 Points: 793, Level: 10
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

rahul:
You should check with the IT Security Manager of the company to establishe and understand how emails are classified. Most companies, due to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 MUST have a Security Policy in place. Emails are usually classified as Confidential, where as some transactions are classified as Sensitive and/or Critical. Also with emails, companies can disallow attached files of different extentions as in .exe, .zip. However users get around this by using extensions .ex_ or .zi_ . Some companies will not allow files over a certain size as in 1-5Meg. To get around this, one had to call the Security Officer to get an "OK" to allow file transfer.

The major issue here is EMAILS CANNOT BE AUTHENTICATED. One cannot for sure garauntee that because this email has my unique name, for peace95@yahoo.com, was sent by me. This was shown to me as a test: a co-worker was at one pc and sent an email to another co-worker and the email looked as if it was sent by me.

As I said earlier, check with the IT Security Manager or CIO (Chief Information Officer) for the IT Security Policy in place.

Hope this helps.