View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2007, 04:05 AM
Authorized User

Let me simplify it if i can. First time i started my project and wanted a membership database, i had to create a database and called it MCUK.mdf. and then follow the procedures located in file %WINDOWS%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 and run the file aspnet_regslq.exe so i can set up the membership database (this procedure is done because i was using SQL server 2005 Standard edition). However, as you may know, this is done automatically with sql server express edition. All you need to do is go to the Website configuration page and from there you can set the membership.

When i created my MCUK database membership i have added to it other tables that are related to my project. However when i migrated back to SQL server express edition, the tables i have created work fine but the membership on this database does not work. How's that happened? When i run my project and try to enter my username and password, an error occurs and says:
An error occurred during the execution of the SQL file 'InstallCommon.sql'. The SQL error number is 1802 and the SqlException message is: CREATE DATABASE failed. Some file names listed could not be created. Check related errors.
Cannot create file 'C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\USER\MY DOCUMENTS\VISUAL STUDIO 2005\WEBSITES\MOROCCANCOMMUNITY1\APP_DATA\ASPNETDB _TMP.MDF' because it already exists. Change the file path or the file name, and retry the operation.
Creating the ASPNETDB_88bc58619c3d41ada0ce49f93f9fff07 database...

So far, i was only talking about MCUK database, but after this error occurs, the system attempts to set up another database called ASPNETDB_TMP.MDF.

The error says that the files are already exists. that's right because the files are in MCUK database. But why does the system need to create the same file in ASPNETDB_TMP.MDF wheras they already exist?

So that's what exactly happens and i hope this will help you define the problem.

Just to be clear of my aim: i want to keep those tables that i have created for my project (because they are many with loads of data on them) with the memebership tables in one database.

Thank you for your time.