View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Friend of Wrox
Points: 16,481, Level: 55 Points: 16,481, Level: 55 Points: 16,481, Level: 55
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Now now, no self deprecation allowed!

Yes you are new, but you are expressing interest and trying to learn. That's what I like to see.

I posted the dropdownlist doc link just so you could see all the stuff that it has. You already have your dropdownlist populating from the database. That part is fine.

The next step is to pass the selected values to the next page which knows nothing about the datasource or DDLs from the previous page. You pass the three values to the page thru the querystring. Then (presumably) you need to query some OTHER data based on your search options.

It sounds like you have this page with the DDLs all set aside from the button click which does the redirect.

strNewPage is just a variable name. You didn't specify what language you are working in in the original post so I made it kind of psuedo-generic. I think all you need to do is this in your button click handler (in C# now that I know):
Code:
string strNewPage = "searchpage.aspx?country={0}&state={1}&price={2}";
strNewPage = string.Format(strNewPage, Country_Select.SelectedValue, State_Select.SelectedValue, Price_Select.SelectedValue);
Response.Redirect(strNewPage);
At this point you need to write the logic for the search results page you are redirecting to.

-Peter