View Single Post

Old August 7th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Wrox Author
Points: 13,255, Level: 49 Points: 13,255, Level: 49 Points: 13,255, Level: 49
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Send a message via AIM to dparsons

Hmmm. Before I get into TBH and CMS in general I have to say, Maxxim, I somewhat disagree with you. Do you have to purchase a Microsoft OS that runs IIS to use ASP, yes for sure you do (Though apache has been working on this if I remember correctly) but to assume that the community for ASP is unlike that of PHP I should point you at DotNetNuke which is a completely free and open source CMS wrote entirely in .NET and the community there is great!

But, moving on, I have not used TBH so my views are somewhat skewed to the products that I have worked with. As I said previously, DotNetNuke is a great CMS but I found it a bit difficult and clunky. (Not to mention that the entire thing is wrote in VB ><) All and all though, once you get it up and running and configured it is pretty low maintance to keep your site up.

Kentico, on the other hand, is amazing albeit a for purchase product. I am currently working with a client who has asked for an entire redesign and wanted to use Kentico for the CMS portion of the site. Out of the box the app has pretty much everything you could want and need from a CMS but, in the event that you need some sort of custom functionality, you can simply create a user control that inherits from a specific class and develop as you normally would.

So, ya, my .02 =]

================================================== =========
Read this if you want to know how to get a correct reply for your question:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Technical Editor for:
Professional Search Engine Optimization with ASP.NET

Professional IIS 7 and ASP.NET Integrated Programming