Thread: Approaching THB
View Single Post

Old September 27th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Authorized User

Jimi,

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is the usefulness of the paged dataset procedures? Does it have something to do with paging and the datagrid? I remember reading that asp.net 2.0 supports paging and if I remember reading from Marco's book, he shows up how to use it. Are these procedures introducing something new? Again, sorry, I am very new to asp.net, and I have a tendency to jump in topics without learning the basics sometimes.

I added the two stored procedures to my database, and tried executing the site built with the Site Generator - I am getting the following error:

Server Error in '/TestSiteGen' Application.
Procedure or function 'genericPaging' expects parameter '@orderBy', which was not supplied.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Procedure or function 'genericPaging' expects parameter '@orderBy', which was not supplied.

Source Error:

Line 44: protected IDataReader ExecuteReader(DbCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behavior)
Line 45: {
Line 46: return cmd.ExecuteReader(behavior);
Line 47: }
Line 48:

I figured I'd ask first before starting to dig in the code... :)

I am also wondering if I went about the right way to incorporate the generated site files with a new site. I chose "New Web Site", the site project got created, then I added a new ASP.NET folder App_Code. Then I copied the App_Code folder generated by Flixon into the porject directory to replace the App_Code folder created by Visual Studio. I also added a reference to the project to the AjaxControlToolkit.dll (from the Temp folder in the Site Generator). Is this the way you go about it when you create a new site, or is there a simpler way?

Alex

- TheBeerHouse Mods Repository
http://www.sashka.com/TheBeerHouse/thebeerhouse.html