View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2007, 08:35 AM
Friend of Wrox
Points: 1,749, Level: 16 Points: 1,749, Level: 16 Points: 1,749, Level: 16
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

:DI'm still getting my hands around .NET, but ultimately I'd like to learn both. It's just tough with working at my management position all day, dealing with the kids when I get home, and then trying to spend a little time with my wife after they're in bed. I only get an hour or two to play around with C# at night. I was originally trained in VB, and no one in San Diego has anything for .NET but C# jobs. So that's my current project.

And I guess I just have to throw out one last time how bad an idea I think it would be to mask it. The encrypted code generator is of very limited value. Anyone who can see the output of your webpage in their browser would be able to steal your code. It takes such a limited knowledge of HTML (it's just not that complicated) to write code to mimic what you're doing even if you can't see the underlying code. There is no security measure that will hide HTML adequately, because the browser needs to be able to read it to display your webpage. That's Catch-22. You have to show it, or the browser fails to render your page. There's no way around it, and anything that tells you it provides that kind of security is not really telling the truth.

-------------------------

Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.
-Johann von Goethe

When Two Hearts Race... Both Win.
-Dove Chocolate Wrapper

Chroniclemaster1, Founder of www.EarthChronicle.com
A Growing History of our Planet, by our Planet, for our Planet.