Friend of Wrox
Points: 16,481, Level: 55 Points: 16,481, Level: 55 Points: 16,481, Level: 55
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I think you are being a bit harsh.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mii2029
 I expect them to do what they're told, when they're told

My computer does exactly what I tell it, generally when I tell it to. When it gives me garbage back, it's typically because I gave it garbage in because I a) made a mistake or b) don't know what I'm doing.

Quote:
 ...with a drop down list that steadfastly refuses to do what I want. Why?, because some moron decided a drop down list can only use two columns in a database table.

The "moron" you speak of was the person who designed HTML. This was done many years ago, before ASP.NET, before ASP and very likely before anyone even thought that we'd be building database driven HTML sites. Please, be reasonable.

Quote:
 I need a resource that gives me enough basic information to have some clue as to what to search for in Google. To me, that means there needs to be a glossary for important "code words"...

Do you need a glossary of words that you don't know so that you know you should google them? Is the presence of unfamiliar terms not enough to provide you the information you need? Perhaps we should just have taken every unique word in the book and provided an addendum comprised of the lexicological origin and history, every definition permutation and, to be current, the results of a google search for the word. Oh wait... that's called the internet.

-Peter
peterlanoie.blog