View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2008, 05:35 AM
Authorized User

Send a message via AIM to toddw607 Send a message via Yahoo to toddw607

Hi Doug,
     Thanks for the RE:. I was hoping that this was a javascript semantics issue and someone would pick it up so I wouldn't bog
everyone down with unimportant details but I think I'll explain more. The reason why I wanted the link button was so that I could use
the oncommand attribute so I can use VB.NET in order to write a html to a file on the fly and also so I can pass arguments to the function
that is being called from the link button. The problem is that I can only create the file and operate one other task (no idea why). For instance
in my code that is being called from the link button I write the html file and call another method so I can call to other javascript functions
within that function but the only thing about it is that only one will work. I also attempted to set the target of the form to the left frame
and call a Response.Redirect to include what I now want the frame to be but then the javascript function doesn't work. I can unserstand this,
Client Vs. Server, but I know there must be some type of work around for this. Here is my user control in ASP.NET. If you have any more suggestions
please let me know, I think all I need is just a little insight. I'll try the parent frame and if any success I will post back. TIA.
 <asp:LinkButton id="FirstButton" runat="Server" valign="top" text='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Ind") %>' commandname='<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Ind") %>' oncommand="Report_Arguments" commandargument='<%# cgm & DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "Ind") %>' />