View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Authorized User

Greetings to all,

A disappointing weekend as we lost against the all Blacks. You must be real happy Matt. Hopefully next time...

With all the intermittent problems I have been experiencing in not getting a value for session("access level") I have decided to rather recreate what I originally done.

I have changed the name of the session variable to session ("UserAccess") and retained session ("UserID").

In the original coding I included the two response.write for both of the above. Results were successful. Both session variables returned results.

I then inserted the last coding suggestion from Old Pedant. Once again, results were successful. If I logged in to the system as administrator, the recordset returned all records, and if I logged in to the system as a user, the recordset returned only the user records.

I am still going to attempt to include the code of the previous postings and check the results. I will post the results shortly.

For the moment though, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to all you amazing guys who have wholeheartedly contributed to making this project a success. Thank you so much for your assistance, guidance and suggestions.

What is so exciting is the amount "of code" that I have learnt. I trust this is the beginning of a continual learning curve. I am certainly going to continue to use the forum.

Once again, thank you for your encouragement and patience. It's been an absolute pleasure.

Cheers
frakey