View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2008, 05:59 PM

Default Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'.

Hi all,

I have a .net 2.0 website that is running on a shared hosting environment. In this database I don't have administrative permission and can't run the tool C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\<versionNumber> \aspnet_regsql.exe due to database remote connection restrictions. I am getting the following error, which I have been searching is due to (within a shared environment) not having the database owner name included (instead of 'dbo') within all calls from the provider classes. For what I can see, the 'dbo' prefix is hard coded in build-in SqlMembershipProvider/SqlRoleProvider.

Someone with the same problem can give me some advice?? Otherwise, I'm afraid I have to write a custom membership/role provider.

Thanks in advance,

Dominik.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server Error in '/' Application.
Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.aspnet_CheckSchemaVersion'.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlExc eption exception, Boolean breakConnection) +1948826
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnErro r(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +4844747
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndW arning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +194
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2392
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteRead er(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +204
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderT ds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +954
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader( CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNo nQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) +175
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +137
System.Web.Util.SecUtility.CheckSchemaVersion(Prov iderBase provider, SqlConnection connection, String[] features, String version, Int32& schemaVersionCheck) +378
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.SqlPersonalizat ionProvider.CheckSchemaVersion(SqlConnection connection) +69
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.SqlPersonalizat ionProvider.LoadPersonalizationBlobs(WebPartManage r webPartManager, String path, String userName, Byte[]& sharedDataBlob, Byte[]& userDataBlob) +204
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.Personalization Provider.LoadPersonalizationState(WebPartManager webPartManager, Boolean ignoreCurrentUser) +94
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPartPersonal ization.Load() +103
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPartPersonal ization.LoadInternal() +23
System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.WebPartManager. OnInit(EventArgs e) +293
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +210
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +378

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053