View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Authorized User

Send a message via MSN to kennethjaysone Send a message via Yahoo to kennethjaysone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guide View Post
Hi,
Can any one tell me some simple steps to build my website from development to publishing on the web without programming?
The best part about building websites is coding and watching your markup or code work and how it all adds up to make your site work. Trust me, once you code and it works then you won't turn back. It's totally fun!

Anyway, on building sites without coding. You could do that with most WYSIWYG editors. Dreamweaver (do ensure you IDE interface is set to display in design view), Microsoft's Expression Web. Most hosting companies also provide a way for you to build basic websites using their webpage building tools that they'll provide if you host with them so anyone with no HTML knowledge can build a basic website with very minimal functionalities. Do take note that you will have little control over how the site looks as you'll be presented with a number of templates/themes to choose from.

There's also another option. If you're willing to settle for some blog like looking websites for example Wordpress or Blogger. They offer massive resources online and you could be up and running in no time.

I'd suggest using Wordpress because its so powerful, rich in features and there are loads of help available online. Wordpress is also a lightweight CMS (Content Management System) which means that it will allow you to easily manage your content on your website. Once you've installed Wordpress on you're server's root folder and its running, you'll have a couple of themes (there are loads of beautiful free themes available online).

To finish off, i do still highly recommend you to try coding. Dont learn languages that are tough like server side and all (its not tough but it can be intimidating for beginners). Start of with HTML and CSS, thats it..once you get the hang of it...everything will flow and fall in to place.

Rome was not built in a day.

Programming is a JOY and when things go right, the satisfaction you get is awesome!

Hope i was of good help to you.

Cheers,
Jaysone