View Single Post

Old February 17th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Authorized User

Hi all,

I just download the latest codes, and after attaching the TheBeerHouse.mdf database, I started the debugging. And I ran into an exception which I believe is a database authorization problem. Here is a brief msg:
==================================================
Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed.

Source Error:

Line 186: public static int GetPublishedArticlesCount(this Table<Article> source, string category)
Line 187: {
Line 188: return GetPublishedArticles(source.Context as TheBeerHouseDataContext, category).Count();
Line 189: }
Line 190:

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnErro r(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +4844759
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndW arning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +194
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2392
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.Com pleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK) +35

... the rest snipped.
================================
Not being a SQL server expert, could someone give a simple note of how to add a user to the db? (I am using SQL Sever Management Studio 2008 Express).

TIA