View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Friend of Wrox
Points: 546, Level: 8 Points: 546, Level: 8 Points: 546, Level: 8
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

The first 100 - ~130 pages are pretty good with good accuracy, but after that things start getting dicey.

I've been going back and forth with the AJAX map on pages 146 - 155 following step by step. No errors, but no map either. I've tested the sample code and it works as outlined, but following the first chapter pdf doesn't. So far I can not see what is preventing the code from working and have tried easter egging the download code with the sample code and still have not gotten the map to show up.

Beyond page 144 Scott starts introducing named div tags in the code with no mention of them or the CSS, which is also much different in the download code than comes with a new project creation; which is to be expected, but it would have been nice if it weren't foregotten.

Yes, I could just use the download code, but the knowledge transfer ins't as great as the hands on step-by-step approach that the first chapter is supposed to be.

I would expect Wrox and the Gu are going to field lots of traffic on the last 50 pages of chapter one.

My Bad. On Page 145 is this snippet
<script src="/Scripts/jQuery-1.3.2.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
I grabbed this one from the working download sample
<script src="/Scripts/jquery-1.2.6.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Little bit of a versioning issue there. Now the maps are showing, but in the wrong size and location

Last edited by Steve S; April 9th, 2009 at 02:25 PM..