Thread: Testing server
View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Friend of Wrox

I'm not a fan of DreamWeaver. To the point that I call it names (DreadWhacker, DeadWasher, DumbWaster). It produces bloated code; it produces just plain BAD code; it gets in your way if you try to do something it doesn't understand.

Having said all that...

No reason it should crash just because you tried to use it to upload to your site.

ANYWAY...

I have 15 different sites that I work with, and I used to use various FTP products, when most of them were free. But for the last couple of years, I've just used Windows Explorer as my FTP client, and it works quite well enough for me. The only annoyance is that when you upload a new version of a file, Explorer will show you both the old file and newly uploaded one...even thought the old one is gone. But just remember to hit refresh occasionally and all is well. Only reason not to use it that I can see: It can't recover from a failed connection and resume where it left off. The better FTP products out there can do that.

On the other hand, I download 200MB Access ".mdb" files all the time without crashing, so do I really care?