View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2010, 05:39 PM

Default Script/ActiveX controls pop-up

Hopefully this is a quick one!

I'm just starting to get into web programming so forgive me if this is a silly question but I'm running into something very frustrating.

When I load a page I've written with a very simple external JavaScript file it pops up the...

"To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this webpage form running scripts or ActiveX controls that could access your computer..."

message.

I don't want my client's users to have to make that decision because it can be an alarming one to make (as evidenced by the last virus I had!!!)
Not sure what to do about this because I see other websites that have very similar functions (written differently, of course, and I'm sure that's where the problem lies) that don't elicit this message. FYI the script is a simple image rollover that runs on "onmouseover" and "onmouseout" events and simply changes the "src" attribute to make the image change.

Not sure if I should include all of my code or what one would need to help me with this issue. Let me know if more info is needed or maybe there's just a simple fix that I'm unaware of.

Thanks!