View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Wrox Author
Points: 72,073, Level: 100 Points: 72,073, Level: 100 Points: 72,073, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,587 Times in 1,563 Posts

I don't want to sound harsh or rude, but I think I need to answer No to all questions:

1) Did you understand the goal of this website and the project?

No, not at all. Humor, maybe? I had no idea.

2) Did you find any glitches in the website (such as a link that doesn't work)?

After two minutes my eyes started bleeding because of the million different font colors, sizes, animated background and flying images so I haven't tried them all. Since this is a single page web site, I think you should be good to go though. Not much that can be broken.

3) Was the text readable? Are there certain sections that should be a larger font size, a different color... (tell me which section)

Not all all. Dark backgrounds, millions of different colors makes things impossible to read. Also, presenting content in a drop down just to display it as a list doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Something like this is easy to read (random example): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bracket#Parentheses

4) Even if you won't revisit the website, since it doesn't matter in your life, did you think that the design was cool (the music in the beginning, the updated clock, the feedback section, the scrolling images...)

No. I didn't hear the music (possible because my sound system was off). I don't like clocks in web sites (I don't see the point; if I want to know what time it is I look at my watch). I also don't like the pop ups you get on page load and when you leave. I just don't see the point. I was totally lost on the feedback section (now which button do I need to press to burn this form). I was also surprised and slightly irritated by the "bye" alert when I tried to submit something or closed my browser.

I can see you put a lot of work on this and you must be proud of it. So, that's what I really like about this site. However, I don't think you should ask professional web developers what they think of it. I think you're better off asking your friends on MSN or MySpace.... ;-)

Good luck with your site.

Imar

Author of Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 : in C# and VB, Beginning ASP.NET Web Pages with WebMatrix
and Beginning ASP.NET 4 : in C# and VB.
Did this post help you? Click the button below this post to show your appreciation!