View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2010, 07:46 AM

Default Installation on Mac OS X 10.6

I'm having trouble installing Alfresco 3.3 Community Edition on Mac OS X 10.6 per Chapter 3 (using the standard installation wizard for the Mac OS). Everything is fine until I get to the portion of the installer that asks for Database Configuration information. The only value that is editable is the PORT number (3306). The instructions provided on the Community site for installing on Mac OS X suggest I should also have the opportunity to adjust other MySQL connection properties on this screen (such as username and password). Those options do not appear on this screen for me. Of course, trying to proceed results in an error trying to log in to the database and the installation is incomplete (there is also some stuff later about socket files..."can't read "handles(mysql1,sock)").

I know my local MySQL installation is fine (I use it on tons of other development projects). Other Mac users will undoubtedly run into this same issue trying to work through your book. Thanks, in advance, for your help.