View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2010, 02:26 PM

Looking into it more, I'm starting to think that jabber.org supports pubsub, but something in the SketchCast code might be wrong.

Here's what SketchCast sends (grabbed from the createiq var just before it's sent, with spacing added for clarity):
Code:
<iq to='jabber.org'
    type='set'
    xmlns='jabber:client'>
<pubsub xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub'>
<create node='ThisIsANodeName'/>
</pubsub>
</iq>
Note I'm sending to jabber.org rather than pubsub.jabber.org; as far as I can tell, this is the right destination. pubsub.jabber.org can never be found, pinged, anything.

If I send the above stanza through Peek, I get this:

Code:
<iq xmlns='jabber:client'
    to='tiracu@jabber.org/d99ca80ebe42666e'
    from='tiracu@jabber.org'
    type='result'/>
So that's good news; everything's working. Unfortunately, when SketchCast sends the above, I get "SketchCast configuration failed with service-unavailable". Or if I try a second time with the same node name, "SketchCast configuration failed with conflict".

I looked it up, and 'conflict' seems to mean the node already exists - which suggests that the first time should be successful, and it's throwing the error dialog when it shouldn't be.

Am I mistaken here, or is there something wrong with the SketchCast code?

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm currently using a radio button input to determine whether the intent is to Publish or Subscribe and entering a node name, rather than try to use instant nodes.