View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Wrox Author
Points: 3,166, Level: 23 Points: 3,166, Level: 23 Points: 3,166, Level: 23
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
I think the Try It has the form creation steps backwards. The instructions had me creating the NewItem form first but that itself is the form that is called once the Add Item button is clicked on the AddOrderItems form.

Am I going nuts?
You're not going nuts. I was a bit unclear.

I meant to start a new project and then create the new form. Creating the new project makes the initial main form, which you later give controls. It's not that you can create the Add Item form without making the main form, I just meant to add controls to the Add Item form first.

And you don't really need to do it in that order, either. I just think of the Add Item form as the more interesting one so I focused on it first. You're certainly allowed to build them in either order and in many programs I end up jumping back and forth a bit to tweak one form after working on the other makes me think of something I missed.

Quote:
Great book by the way. I wish more programming books were structured like this one.
Thanks! I'm glad you're finding it useful. Post a review when you have a chance. And let me know if you have other questions or comments.

Rod Stephens, Microsoft MVP

Essential Algorithms: A Practical Approach to Computer Algorithms

(Please post reviews at Amazon or wherever you shop!)