View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Authorized User
Points: 319, Level: 6 Points: 319, Level: 6 Points: 319, Level: 6
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Send a message via Yahoo to GeneBuchite
Default Huge Step.

There are 3 files that VB2010 uses for each form. The easiest and safest wat to move them is to open a project that you want to move a form into, or open a new project. ON the right pane you will see the solution explorer, if not press ctrl + alt + L. in the solution explorer right click the solution name, then click add. Then select existing Item. navigate to the folder where the form was saved.
To delete Right click the Form name you want to delete in the solution explorer, then select delete.

Now Data Access is a whole nother Ball Game... Not nearly as easy as form moving.... VB5 only used DAO. NOt to worry. Data can be move into other data formats... Later. There are 3 Main Data Access Protocols used with VB2010 . All of them a bit more involved than DAO.

I hate to suggest a diferent publisher than Wrox, because I love this P2P site!! but I had really good luck with MAstering Visual Basic 2010 Sybex Publishing... http://www.sybex.com/go/masteringvb2010. It was very much worth the price.

Check my Profile if you want more direct help.

Last edited by GeneBuchite; March 26th, 2011 at 08:41 AM.. Reason: Proofing
The Following User Says Thank You to GeneBuchite For This Useful Post:
VB2010Newbie (March 26th, 2011)