View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Exclamation It Worked!

I tried one more thing before going the route of configuring my database for the application services - AND IT WORKED! I reasoned there was something fundamentally wrong with the security on the aspnetdb database as it was created. So, I detached it and deleted the mdf. I then went back to my development PC and attached that database to my SQL instance, and then I backed it up. I copied the backup file to the production server, into the SQL data directory, and then I went into the SQL on the production server and restored it - effectively creating it. And, maybe important, I made sure I was logged on as sa when I did these things. I got a fresh Web.config from the development PC, and modified it exactly as 770 specifies. And that seemed to do the trick - it might have been the combination of restoring instead of attaching, and making sure it was done while logged in as "sa". Thanks Imar - I want to tell you you've written an extraordinary book that's clear and detailed without being confusing.
The Following User Says Thank You to BobRoberts For This Useful Post:
Imar (November 9th, 2011)