View Single Post
  #10 (permalink)  
Old November 8th, 2011, 07:05 PM
BobRoberts BobRoberts is offline
Registered User
Points: 87, Level: 1
Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1 Points: 87, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Exclamation It Worked!

I tried one more thing before going the route of configuring my database for the application services - AND IT WORKED! I reasoned there was something fundamentally wrong with the security on the aspnetdb database as it was created. So, I detached it and deleted the mdf. I then went back to my development PC and attached that database to my SQL instance, and then I backed it up. I copied the backup file to the production server, into the SQL data directory, and then I went into the SQL on the production server and restored it - effectively creating it. And, maybe important, I made sure I was logged on as sa when I did these things. I got a fresh Web.config from the development PC, and modified it exactly as 770 specifies. And that seemed to do the trick - it might have been the combination of restoring instead of attaching, and making sure it was done while logged in as "sa". Thanks Imar - I want to tell you you've written an extraordinary book that's clear and detailed without being confusing.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BobRoberts For This Useful Post:
Imar (November 9th, 2011)